Thursday, March 29, 2007

The worst scare of my life so far......

Well what a day let me say it has not been a good one. I get that phone call all mothers know too well it is the school calling during the middle of the day first thought well one of the kids are sick you never expect to hear what I heard today. This is the nurse calling and we believe that your daughter Ashley had a mini stroke. I almost dropped the phone. I had to call tim get him off work early rush to school rush to the ER then 5 hours later I am told by the ER doctor that after a CT scan that they think that the nurse at school over reacted and that it maybe a stigmatism in the eye and also she has a sinus infection. I am thankful that it was not a mini stroke but I am extremely P.O'd cause I have been thru hell today over this. See long story short my daughter experienced about 2 minutes of total blindness she could not see anythign she told her teacher who rushed her to the nurse as her eye sight came back her eyes were crossed and she was having double vision. Then after observing her the nurse sent her back to class where she could not even write her name on the paper then I am called and told she may have had a mini stroke. I am telling you that 30 minutes before I could get to my daughter I went thru a million emotions and thoughts I was in tears from the moment I put down the phone til the moment I walked in the school then to see her with her little eyes crossed I was so worried. And then to wait for 5 hours well running a CT scan. Then once her eyes regained their correct position they gave her an eye test and she passed it with 20 20 vision. I am like ok well how the heck does a sinus infection possible make you go blind and double vision for over 3 hours I dont know if these doctors even know what there talking about or is it the nurse at the school I have no clue. I am scheduling follow ups with her regular doctor so I will keep you up dated. But I pray that it was just some fluke thing that happened and does not happen again.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Ohh no! I hope this does not happen again!!!